Sunday, October 19, 2008

A new walk

This is a new blog for me. I had one before but it became too much about me. This one I want to be different. I'd like to write about how God is working in my life. How HE is drawing me out of my stale walk and into a relationship with Him.
This change started almost a year ago. And it's becoming so exciting. He's showing me deeper things in His word. Verses I've known for years are new. Such as Philippians 4:6. "Be anxious for nothing." Think about this. "BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING" I don't have to carry the weight of problems. God will. I can just let it go. Now this isn't to say that it's easy to do or that I'll do it all the time. For all of the changes God is showing me I'm still human.
We're in an election year with 2 candidates who neither appears to be worth their salt. But put this in conjunction with the verse above. Yes, we need to decide who we feel is the best out of the two, but the ultimate control is God's. Whomever becomes president, God is allowing him to hold that position. And though we want to fret about our economy, jobs, healthcare, God has it all under control.
"Be anxious for nothing, but with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."

No comments: