Saturday, December 27, 2008

Literally

How often do I read a passage of the Bible and not recognize what it is actually saying, literally? The last several days I've been depressed and wondered how can God use a person who sees things "half-empty" the majority of the time. This afternoon while I was fixing supper I'd been listening to Chris Tomlin's new CD "HELLO LOVE" and I hear scripture woven in his songs. And it made me think about how I see God's words but I don't take it literally. The song that's playing right now says "my deliverer is the Lord" I've heard those verses and read those verses so many times and thought of King David as he wrote them but never, ever realized that the words are alive. God is my deliverer. And if I have to endure this time of depression He is my deliverer. He told Paul that His grace is sufficient. Taking this literally and continually doing so means that as I feel this darkness all I have to do is remember that His grace is sufficient. I'm not alone no matter if that's how I feel.
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9

No comments: