Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Love

Why is it easier to show love to outsiders than it seems to be to show it to your own family? I care about the customers that I see at our bank and it's not hard to be kind to them. But when I get home it's like the mean part of me comes out. And it concerns me because I love my family deeply, much more than I love my customers or any others outside of my home. So, I've been thinking about what love actually is.
I Corinthians 13 says love is patient, kind, not envious, not proud or boastful. It isn't rude or self-seeking, it's not easily angered...... The part of this section of scripture that hit me today was, it keeps no record of wrong. How many times in an argument does something from the past get brought up? And in comparison to my meager attempt at love, Christ's love has TOTALLY wiped out my past. He simply doesn't even remember it. Jesus will never say to me, "Yes, but you did this and this and this. What an awesome thing!!! Christ love is so perfect. I want to love my family, as well as others, with this kind of love
So, as I continue to grow in Christ, I pray that His love will become perfect in me. And that I can love with that love.
Jesus, I truly praise and thank You that You have wiped my past away and remember that you no longer remember my sins. Thank You Jesus!!!!!

1 comment:

Paul Cobb said...

Interesting post... I can see myself in it.
Been there and done that...
many times.
When you come home after working all day... you will be emotionally spent.
I find that it helps me, if I refresh myself with some personal quite time with the Lord.
I was talking to our Pastor today
and he brought up an important reminder.
We must...for our own good slow down a bit and honor the Sabbath rest and worship in our lives.
If not...the fast pace of life will catch up to us in all kinds of ways.
In the "for what it is worth department"...God has taught me not to keep score
of offences done against me.
This has been a tremendous victory in my life.
One less weapon the enemy can try to confront me with.

You have said it many times in your writings...
"walking with the Lord is a journey".
KEEP WALKING WITH HIM IN ALL YOU DO.