Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abba, Father

This has not been the best of days. There were several issues that came up at work today. One of which is that I'm on a 90 day probation. See, I'm a bank teller and the last 3 months I have been having trouble getting my drawer to balance. So, though I'm not surprised by the probation, I am disheartened by it. I keep reminding myself that if I lost my job God will take care of my family and myself. He's never forsaken me. My family and I have never lacked food or clothing. We've never been late on a bill. The verse I keep hearing right now in my head is "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread."
But, I do have a need right now to feel secure. Abba, Father, hold me in your arms and please help me to feel safe.
Truthfully, this week God has answered a prayer. My daughter, Kelsey, who is 18, had her gall bladder removed. She went into surgery at 7:15 and we were home by 11:15. And I know that
her 'success' is due to the fact that so many people have prayed for her and God in His abundant love has answered.
As for the first paragraph, it becomes a matter of fear as well as insecurity. And God is faithful. I just have to remember this and rest in that fact and His love.
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3 & 4

No comments: