Sunday, November 9, 2008

Politics

This blog is going to be more about a personal issue than about my growth in Christ. Our elections are now over. And a man that most evangelical Christians did not want elected was. There are brothers and sisters, though, who did vote for him. My concern is the possiblity of division in our "family" in regards to this. And that means that there are things we need to remember.

Though I can't find the verses for these I know the Bible says somewhere about God has chosen our leaders and that we are to pray for them.

It also goes back to my earlier blog about "being anxious for nothing" We have to remember that God is in control. No matter what man chooses God can and will use it for our good and His purpose.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen, sister! I just said to someone the other day that we need to remember that as many Christians prayed for him to win as did those who prayed against him. Our hope should always remain in God and the outcome of an election should never divide us!

Love ya!

Robin said...

Thanks Kim. You are so right. Cliff said it best in Prayer Meeting. That Jesus is his President. I wish we'd all feel this way.